Saturday, November 22, 2008

Adventures in Nsobe

Last Saturday we ventured to Nsobe Game Park. Here's a glimpse into our adventure:

I, Amanda, found a really neat little playground with an old tractor, an imitation spider web to crawl on, swings, and a teeter-totter. I really wanted to play on the playground, yet I felt too big and thought I would break it, so I withheld. Minutes later, I found Rox and Aaron venturing to that same playground, going up and down on the teeter-totter. Sigh.

We also went on a safari-type ride through the woods and saw many antelope-like creatures, giraffes, and zebra. I, Roxanna, thought about jumping off the high-riding jeep to chase after a zebra, grab onto its spikey neck hair, and pull myself onto its back, kind of like a rodeo---African style. But alas, they didn't seem to like us following them and ran away too quickly. So we saw zebras, which is the one animal we wanted to see most, but my dream was cut short. Bittersweet.

Also at Nsobe, they have two restaurants. Enclosed in a glass cooler I, Amanda, saw this amazing chocolate cake. A slice was only about one dollar. After lunch I went up to the service bar to ask for a slice, only to hear that the cake was brought in by a church group and was not for sale for commoners. Heartbreak.

Later that evening we were invited to Pastor Judy's for food and fellowship. The evening was splendid, but true bliss came when Pastor Judy presented a big heart-shaped, marble cake, with white and chocolate frosting and chocolate chips dashed on top! Although the cake said, "Happy Belated Birthday Roxanna!" I (Amanda) felt like the cake was made just for me!! It was music to my soul, as alas, I could finally eat my slice, or may I say slices, of chocolate cake. Pure Joy.

Oh the rewards of patient endurance!

Luckily for Amanda, I, Roxanna Eda Marie Alleman, was born.

THE END.

Stayed tuned for further adventures from Africa.

1 comment:

Carol said...

i hope you didn't get bitten by those nasty ants this time!