Saturday, September 13, 2008

Muli Shani! We are here!!!!

Muli Shani everyone! This is Rox. We landed in Zambia yesterday afternoon exhausted, but we're settling in quite well so far. We're seven hours ahead here, and we're all pretty messed up by the time change. When we were in the South Africa airport Amanda and I talked about how we already felt so distant from concerns at home and that we are truly excited and at ease about the next six months here in Zambia. It already feels like home here. We were welcomed with open arms by our host families and were able to rest and settle in well. It's surprising how familiar everything still feels. Just driving and walking around town this morning has brought back a lot of memories and feels as if we already have a history here. The next few days we will be preparing for and talking about what we'll be doing here. And I'm sure we'll have a lively church service tomorrow morning! Rox

Hey all! This is Tommy D. I had no trouble at all adjusting to the time difference. Ok, that might not be true, but after a 4 hour nap yesterday afternoon and 14 hours of sleep last night, I'm feeling quite refreshed. I figured you'd like to hear that Mom and Dad...Dan and Anna, I hope that the honeymoon was awesome as you should be getting home today! It's pretty hot here, but it's supposed to get hotter as we get into October (the hottest month of the year here) just before the rainy season. We're all safe and healthy, and excited to be here. Thanks to all for your prayers, thoughts, support and encouragement. Thanks for worrying about us too, Rich! :) We'll write more another time! Take care, and God bless you all. All our love...TD.

Muli Shani folks! I don't have too much more to add, but I'm doing well minus all the exhaustion from traveling! Thank you for all your prayers as I know they have helped us to get here without any complications, minus one piece of lost luggage! The weather is great, it's about 85 and sunny and windy! I am looking forward to being more rested and being able to jump in with enthusiasm into the work we will be doing here! I hope all is well in the States and I look forward to hearing from all of you!! God Bless! Amanda

Howdy! I don't have much more to add either, as I can shadow most of what has already been said. Last night at dinner Uncle J shared many stories with Tom and I about lions and tourists haha. Tom and I are also impressed with Kongono's new dog, whose name is Cheetah. After breakfast this morning Lillian, our host mother told us that tommorow morning we are going to have a great celebration for Jesus and that wew are going to have oats for breakfast so that we will have energy to dance. I will also be venturing back to the airport today to see if my bag has arrived yet. It has all my t-shirts and socks, but I do have enough underwear and pants in case you all were wondering. I guess I had more to share then I thought. Thank you for all your prayers. Much Love and Peace. Aaron

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all made it safe and sound. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in Africa!
-Marcus

Ang said...

Hey Guys! Glad that you made it. I'm so excited to hear about your adventures and what God is showing you. For now, I will pray that Aaron gets some shirts...

Anonymous said...

glad you have enough undies aaron... anders hopes you didn't forget your twinkie boxers. watch out for the afro-sasquatch, i hear they can take lions in the night. rarrr. love you all, laura and anders

Pastor Chuck and Jan Wahlstrom said...

God bless you Roxanna your pastor and your home church in Princeton, IL is praying for you Amanda, Aaron and Tom!